Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Garden, Work and I am so shattered!

Started work again this week so things have been busy. I am so shattered... However, I thought I better put some nice pictures up. Maybe they'll cheer up not just me but someone else, too.
Below my favourite rose - it is REALLY called Happy Birthday and flowers in my front garden from late spring to late summer.



I love taking photos of plants and flowers from unusual angles or in unusual combinations. I also have thing about weeds. Some are really beautiful; as is the bindweed below - the bane of every gardener, unfortunately.



Something that struck me when I began illustrating seriously was that if you look at something closely - which you have to if you want to draw it - you suddenly see its beauty. I used to be scared of spiders, then came to only dislike them, however when I did some spider drawings for my son I saw their beauty. Needless to say I am not scared of them any longer. :-)

No spider below but some ivy although I am sure there's a spider hiding in there somewhere...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home