Saturday, August 20, 2005

Illustration Friday - Reflection

The current topic for Illustration Friday (see link on the right) is "Reflection". My first thought was a reflection in water, however, then I remembered this picture which I did not long ago and which was an expreriment where I allowed myself only to use one single brush... It combines two types of reflection, the reflections of the moonlight on the trees and in the water, but also a place to reflect. Whenever I need to think I tend to go somewhere where there are trees or at least some plants. Makes it easier for me to think. I've been doing that since I was little.

6 Comments:

Blogger carla said...

Sybille -

I love the effect you achieved on the water. It's so shimmery! The overall piece has an impressionist look. You really did a nice job on this. You used Corel Paint? I just ordered an Adobe CS2 package that includes Corel Paint IX - I've never used it and I'm very excited to try it. Your work is gorgeous. I really like the flower and garden photos as well :>

20/8/05  
Blogger Alison Ashwell said...

lovely and peaceful

20/8/05  
Blogger WCTs said...

Just beautiful. I want to visit this place. So pretty.
=^..^=

20/8/05  
Blogger JacqueLynn said...

Wow this is a wonderful and beautiful painting.

21/8/05  
Blogger bee'nme said...

Truly lovely rendering - captures the theme perfectly!

21/8/05  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh said...

the dreamy effect you made is simply loveley!

22/8/05  

Post a Comment

<< Home