Wednesday, October 19, 2005

I've been TAGGED!!!

Alison tagged me to tell 20 random things about me. I wasn't too sure about this, so I looked up what Alison had to say about herself. Now I know what she had in mind, here we go:
  1. I am sunshine person, I need the sun and dislike the winter because I don't get enough sunshine, although I love those crisp winter days when it's terribly cold but a bright, sunny day. Maybe that's why I like sunflowers? They always make me think of sunshine.
  2. I have to be creative in some way or other. At the moment I am into beading - jewellery mainly - and I'll post some samples very soon. Promise!
  3. Yesterday we went to our son's parents' evening and found out that he's at a very high reading level despite being one of the youngest in his class. I was so proud and pleased.
  4. Today, I bought some books for my son (and me, but don't tell him). We got the latest Chris d'Lacey Fire Star and Cornelia Funke's Dragon Rider.
  5. I love dragons. In my Artwanted portfolio are loads of dragons because I can't stop drawing them.
  6. I also love cats and have two of them. One's white and called Rodney after Rodney in "Only Fools and Horses", the other is called Mayberry - not a name of my choice.
  7. We also have two gerbils who are called Timmy and Chester after the TV cartoon series "Fairly Odd Parents".
  8. Like Alison I am ambidextrous although probably not quite as much. I can do most things with either hand.
  9. When I was a teenager I wrote poetry (like most teenagers) however, at some point I realised that I knew what I wanted to say, but it just wasn't poetry so I've stuck with prose ever since. I do miss it sometimes though, because poetry is special and I wish I could write poetry like Alison and Leah.
  10. When I was little I wanted to be a musical star until I realised I can't sing for toffee!
  11. I always wanted children and from when I was little I was always looking after younger kids.
  12. I love water - baths and swimming.
  13. I like my hair, but hate that it's going grey.
  14. I also like my eyes - they're green and I've always felt special about it, because apparently green eyes are rarer than any other colour.
  15. I love the internet. There are so many opportunities, from this blog, to mailing lists to websites... the list is endless.
  16. Three of my best friends live far away - one in France, one in Australia and one in America.
  17. For a few years now my favourite colour has been green . I find it restful and "fulfilling", if that makes sense.
  18. I prefer tea to coffee, and I drink my tea without milk and sugar.
  19. I love cooking, but that's the creative thing again.
  20. I love going to the botanical gardens here in Cambridge. They're a wonderful inspiration and just a lovely place to be.
There. That's twenty things, and I didn't begin to struggle until number 18. :-D

1 Comments:

Blogger carla said...

What a treat to read your facts! I know what you mean about green...I think it is often my favorite color, probably because it is so pure and close to nature. It's also wonderful that your son is doing so well :> I'm looking forward to seeing your beadwork!

20/10/05  

Post a Comment

<< Home